Monday, October 28, 2013

Happy Monday, ---October 28th

CLICK HERE  for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday October Linky Challenge ends October 31
CLICK HERE for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday #120 WORD ART Challenge ends November 5




Hi Friends,

This is not my favorite card. I was experimenting with inlaid die cuts- Where you cute the dies out and then change the look and then place them back in the negative space they came out of. sounds simple, yes?  My colors are off and I am not happy with the design or the elements, but I thought I would share my mistake with you anyway,




I used a quick kutz die set that I have had for a long time. The ornament is from Stampin' up cut out of AC card stock.
On top of the words I used Paper trey ink  ripe avocado and a shaped sketches stamp to get the pattern on there, the same with the circles above and below the distressed dots paper (also from PTI).
I added dots on the ornament with the Sakura white gel pen.

The card stock I used is Kraft card stock, but you can't see it  because it is covered with stone shadow.
for the centers of my letters a used a green metallic pen .



Have a blessed day, Diana

15 comments:

  1. You crack me up how fast you can get a card in some days. Nice jobs with the inlay on this sweet card! Even though I am up early I have to wait for the right light ....lol. It always makes me smile when I see you in the top row my friend. Beautiful! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cut dies out, alter them and then place them back in the negative space? I have never tried to do that before! I like this card! I can't see the mistakes, I think it is beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so silly! this card is lovely! never tried this technique before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's beautiful, Diana!! You are too hard on yourself :) The technique you used sounds so fun!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Project.
    Ana
    www.corujandoartes.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! The design is really nice and it has a real "crafty" look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are your own worst critic, Diana! I think you did an awesome job with the challenge and completed this fun & festive card so quickly. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your cards looks fantastic! Wow, you are being a little rough on yourself! The ornament is beautiful and love the patterns you stamped on the words! Very nice Diana!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your card looks great!! The colors and the papers and that ornament are awesome!
    Thanks for sharing and would love if you stopped by my blog to say hello :)
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun technique idea. TFS.
    There is nothing wrong with this wonderful card.
    I LOVE it.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...